Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege A600-13T - webcam stopped work

1. Portege A600-13T - webcam stopped work
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have an older Toshiba Portege A600-13T Netbook, I am quite satisfied with it, but in the last time the WEBCAM is not working and I have no idea what to do. If I try to activate the camera I get the answer:

The WEB Camera couldn't been initialized

In Systemcontrol the message is:

The camera couldn't been started, Code 10

If I look at the driver and try to update, the message is:

The optimal driver is already installed

May be somebody has some idea what can I do and how to proceed. Sorry my bad english!

Thank you in advance and best regards
    gh_1929

2. Re: Portege A600-13T - webcam stopped work
    Master
    Hi

Error code 10 means that the device could not be started.
    This can be related to driver (software) problem as well as hardware problem.

Let’s see if its an software issue: to check this I would recommend you to uninstall the Chicony webcam software firstly.
    As far as I know you should be able to uninstall the software in control panel ? programs & features.
    In case the Chicony webcam software will not be listed there, go to device manager and uninstall the webcam driver which you should find under “Imaging devices”.

After system reboot, go to Toshiba EU driver page and download the Chicony webcam software in order to perform new installation.
    Probably you will need to reboot the notebook once again to get it working properly.

So lets hope this short procedure would solve your issue… of course only if the issue is related to software problem.

3. Re: Portege A600-13T - webcam stopped work
    Beginner
    Hi everyone! I have a really serious problem... I made a full clean of my A600 2801A with Centrino and now is death!!!!! It has video problems so I clean and change the CPU/GPU thermal paste... and now it´s not functional.
    I suspect of the integrated 1GB RAM... Can be? I take precautions when do the cleanup...
    My questions are: Have anyone the motherboard diagram to know which component is each other so I can check (the PCB don´t have any mark) ... Can I desoldering onboard RAM? Anyone know which is the Eprom of the integrated RAM to cancel it?