Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working

1. Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working
    Beginner
    Hello guys,

I have a problem with the touchpad of a Toshiba Satellite Pro R50-b pssg1e - basically, I can move the cursor, but I cannot use it to scroll or anything else.

I have encountered this problem firstly on windows 8.1 and I thought there wasn't yet a driver for the touchpad. Now, I have installed Windows 7 64bits and still the same problem. Idon't understand the problem, I have installed all the drivers from the website including "touch pad driver made by alps electric".

In device manager, the mouse is recognized as just a Ps/2 compatible mouse. And, in the mouse settings, I don't have an advance tab where I can enable the extra functions of the touchpad.

Ps. the touchpad is enabled, so, no, the solution isnt fn+f5.

Thank you very much in advanced!
    Andrei

2. Re: Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working
    Beginner
    I think I have zeroed it on the problem - the touchpad driver from toshiba.com is not installing.

I've tried it a number of times - at the end of the installation process, it says that the installation is successful, but I cannot find anywhere on the computer.

Any other place where I can find a working driver for the alps touchpad for toshiba satellite pro r50?

3. Re: Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working
    Master
    Hi

The notebook Satellite Pro R50-B should support the touchpad with gesture feature.
    In user manual page 40 you can find information about gestures which are supported (tap, pinc ir stretch and two finger scroll).

Two finger scroll feature works as following: place two fingers down and slide them vertically or horizontally from anywhere on the touchpad. This allows you to operate the scroll bars of a window.

4. Re: Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working
    Beginner
    I have the same issue. Tho touchpad works but it is detected as a ps/2 pointing device (a mouse) so it is impossible to use and to set multitouch gestures. I tried too installing Alps driver again but it does not solve the problem.
    What should I do?
    Please help us solving this issue! My notebook is brand new and it's running Windows 7

5. Re: Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working
    Beginner
    Sorry but i do not speak english well...

I had the same problem touchpad recognized as a PS / 2 mouse

In Settings-panel - programs and features I had not ALPS touchpad driver ..

I restored the system settings to a previous date and *everything came back OK.*
    (8,106,303,109 version ALPS touchpad driver)

6. Re: Satellite Pro R50-B - touchpad functionality isn't working
    Beginner
    Has anybody manged to find a solution to this?

I too have Win 7 64 bit on a Sat Pro R50.

I've installed the Alp driver ok. Everything works fine except the tap on the touchpad. It scrolls ok and cursor moves but no tap. The tap work at logon but not once in windows.

I've also tried uninstalling the driver and using the synaptics driver. That gives me the tap but not scroll.

Very frustrating!