Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need Portege R830 BIOS Update without Intel-TXT Check

1. Need Portege R830 BIOS Update without Intel-TXT Check
    Beginner
    Hello Forum,

i have exactly the same problem as described here, 2 years ago:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=65519

I need to update my BIOS, but i cant because the BIOS Updater tells me that Intel-TXT is enabled.
    Unfortunatelly i cant disable it in my bios. Its just not selectable. The "cursor" just jumps over it.
    I can only "Hide" it which doesnt help.
    I have the same for the VT-d and VT-x setting in the BIOS. This is not selectable or changeable as well.

TPM isnt enabled though...
    I installed the infineon suite and it tells me that i need to enable TPM in bios to use it. :-(

I have an very old Bios Version 3.1 and i read in the changelog that in V3.4 and 3.5 there were many TPM related changes....

Anyway....
    Back then, a user named Paolo30 uploaded a file P007Dv360A_EC77V140.zip to 2shared.com which fixed this.
    Unfortunatelly this file was deleted on 2shared.com

can someone please provide that file (or a later bios update) which fixes this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Need Portege R830 BIOS Update without Intel-TXT Check
    Portégé R830-10P belongs to the PT321 series so you need BIOS released for Portégé R830 PT321

You can download such older BIOS versions from different Toshiba driver pages.
    For example: http://www.toshiba-asia.com/sg/support/drivers

On this Toshiba Asia page I could find all BIOS for this Portege model.

3. Re: Need Portege R830 BIOS Update without Intel-TXT Check
    Beginner
    Hello MisterX,

i downloaded the BIOS from the link you sent and its exacty the same file i already had.
    This also means that i still have the same problem that i cant update my Notebook BIOS with that, because it sais that TXT is enabled....
    Just as i already wrote.

Regards,
    Christian

4. Re: Need Portege R830 BIOS Update without Intel-TXT Check
    Beginner
    So no one has a fix?

I'm pretty sure this file: P007Dv360A_EC77V140.zip, uploaded by Paolo30 (16-Apr-2012 07:26) in the thread mentioned in my first post, would fix my issue.

Onfortunatelly it's not downloadable anymore on 2shared.com :-(

If anyone still has this file, please upload it!

I also opened a ticket directly at Len0v0 but it seems like they didnt understand my problem.