Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z30 - where to get replacement keyboard?

1. Portege Z30 - where to get replacement keyboard?
    Beginner
    Hello,

I spilled water on the keyboard of my Portege Z30-A-10W (it's backlit) and some of the keys don't work. Where can a replacement keyboard (backlit with UK layout) be bought online?

Thanks in advance,
    M

2. Re: Portege Z30 - where to get replacement keyboard?
    Master
    In my opinion the question is: who should exchange the keyboard?
    Best option for you is to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help. They can order original keyboard for your machine and exchange it for you.

If you want to do this alone it can be risky, small mistake and you can damage something. Anyway, every keyboard at the back side has part number that can help you to find it Goolging around.

3. Re: Portege Z30 - where to get replacement keyboard?
    All notebook parts as well as the keyboard can be provided by authorized service provider which is available in your country.

On this Toshiba page you would find the right ASP responsible for your country:
    http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/

As far as I know the keyboard is firmly connected to the CN3240 and CN3241connector on the system board. But according to some information which I found in the internet, the keyboard replacement is trickier on this notebook series because the part isn’t fixed with some screws but it looks like the keyboard is fixed with a special tape.

From my point of few you should not try to replace this keyboard because as Silas said: you could damage other parts…. Lets do the job by some people who know what they have to do….