Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C655-S5128 doesn't start - power on problem

1. Satellite C655-S5128 doesn't start - power on problem
    Beginner
    My laptop doesn't power on after I do a windows shutdown.

After it completely closes, when I try the power button nothing is happening (neither a led, neither the screen or the vent. it doesn't start)

After I take out the power supply and the battery for one minute and put it back, when I try to power on - it starts.
    I changed the RAM memory with good ones, same thing. I cleaned up the laptop and put high quality thermal paste on the processor.

The model is: Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128.
    This thing it happens since I cleaned my laptop.
    (I mention that I do clean up for laptops everyday, so I know how to do it)

2. Re: Satellite C655-S5128 doesn't start - power on problem
    The unit doesn’t power up since you cleaned the notebook?
    Hmm… these sounds like something went wrong during the cleaning procedure.

I believe you that you have lot of experience in notebook cleaning and you know how to do that but obviously this time you made some mistake… sorry to say this….

In my opinion the issue is related definitely so some hardware problem… I don’t know who you cleaned the unit and what parts (beside the CPU) have been removed during this procedure but probably one of these parts have been affected or don’t function properly.

3. Re: Satellite C655-S5128 doesn't start - power on problem
    Scholar
    > This thing it happens since I cleaned my laptop.
    On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there. I also presume you didn’t do this for the first time but every such step is risky, especially if “unauthorized person” do this. To be honest I don't this too in the past but everything went well and I still use my old machine.

Some kind of short-circuit is also possible and it can damage certain hardware component. You know that technicians work with special anti static mat and wrist strap (maybe you use t too).
    It is really not easy to say what is wrong there.

What confuses me is fact that your notebook starts again and again when you remove battery and notebook is disconnected from AC power supply. To be honest I think power supply electronic acts crazy for some reason.