Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra R10-10W - CMOS battery error and next bios password error

1. Tecra R10-10W - CMOS battery error and next bios password error
    Beginner
    I have old Tecra R10-10W

Aftert long time in the cabinet, it say CMOS battery error and after charging can I not startup on the old system (bios) password.

How to reset the bios password and is also required replacement cmos battery and I can do it myself?

Thank...

2. Re: Tecra R10-10W - CMOS battery error and next bios password error
    Beginner
    you can change cmos battery your self np,for bios pasword use google,i havet a hp mini with same problem and foundet a program that have reset with the help off error code when inserted wrong password 3 times in the row,then i used error code in the program and got password,restarted hp and inserted password now is working bp.Do i have also a old tecra and have difrend problem with it,evrithing sims to be in order but laptop wont start in first tray,after several restarsts shovs startup screen,then runing bp,if restarted again same story,needs several restarts and then is runing again,trayed with outside monitor same thing,any ideas?
    here is the link for your problem and sulution: http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html