Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V

1. I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V
    Beginner
    How can I upgrade my laptop memory? There isn't a memory slot at the bottom of the laptop.

2. Re: I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V
    Scholar
    Memory slots on this notebook model are placed under the bottom cover so when RAM modules must be exchanged or upgraded bottom cover must be removed.
    Please note: on some notebook models RAM upgrade is supported by notebook owners and RAM upgrade steps are described in user’s manuals document.

I your case such upgrade is not supported and RAM upgrade should be done by authorized service provider.
    Generally speaking bottom cover removal is not complicated but you should not do it alone. This will cancel valid warranty.

In my opinion, before you do anything contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country and ask for help. Simply pick up some info about price and compatible RAM modules.

3. Re: I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V
    As already mentioned by Timox: there is no separate access for memory slots.
    The memory slot as well as the access to the HDD is hidden under the bottom cover.
    Therefore to upgrade the memory and other parts, the notebook needs to be disassembled and the bottom cover has to be removed as well as other parts like ODD, battery, etc…

This is little bit tricky but the most important fact is that removing the bottom cover would void the warranty and I guess you don’t want to lose the warranty.
    Therefore any hardware upgrade needs to be done by authorized service provider.

4. Re: I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V
    Beginner
    Thanks for the reply! I have already try to remove the bottom cover but I couldn't managed it. There is a last screw in the CDROM slot that I have not access. The CDROM drive must be removed to have access to this screw. How I can remove the CDROM drive? I guess the keyboard must be removed first.
    Are you sure the memory slots is under the bottom cover and not under the keyboard?

I can't send the laptop to a service provider because this will take some days. I can't stop working for these days.

5. Re: I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V
    Yes the screw has to be removed in order to remove the ODD.
    But as I said above: this will cancel the warranty! I would recommend you to contact the service provider to perform the upgrade even if this will take some days…

In worst case you could perform such upgrade after you finished the work…

6. Re: I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V
    Hi,
    I tried to open the back cover of the laptop I removed the ODD and all the screws but it cann't be openned something prnt me from opening in the back part just under the screen it looks like there is another screw ??? but i do not see any screw....