Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Overwriting the Recovery partition on Satellite L750

1. Overwriting the Recovery partition on Satellite L750
    Beginner
    I have upgraded windows 7 Home premium to Win 7 professional. Please could you give me some guidance to update (or overwrite) the recovery partition so that Win 7 Pro becomes the default O/S, and all the Toshiba Satellite L750 drivers and software are included (bluetooth, and wireless software & drivers etc).

I have already created a new system image on the recovery partition, and a system repair disk.

Supermalx.

2. Re: Overwriting the Recovery partition on Satellite L750
    Scholar
    Something like this is not possible. Original recovery image cannot be modified or changed.
    I just hope you have created recovery media (DVD or USB) before you have made any changes.

Using this created recovery media you will be able to install original recovery image anytime you want.

If you have more questions you are welcome.

3. Re: Overwriting the Recovery partition on Satellite L750
    Beginner
    Hi.. I am facing the almost similar issue... by mistake i have deleted the some portion on disk (around 14GB) and after that am unable to start the recovery disk creator getting message"No HDD recovery Area! but before that i have created the recovery Disks ... can you tell me how can i use that recovery disks to recover

4. Re: Overwriting the Recovery partition on Satellite L750
    Master
    > can you tell me how can i use that recovery disks to recover
    The question is what do you want to recover? The whole machine or just the missing files?
    Anyway, partial recovery is not possible, all you can do is full recovery image installation.

After full recovery installation you notebook will have factory settings again, just in this case you will be able to use recovery disc creator without any problems.

If you still have some questions you are welcome.