Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1GD - BIOS upgrade failed for overeating

1. Satellite C660-1GD - BIOS upgrade failed for overeating
    Beginner
    Help me please ...

After launching the upgrade of the bios on the win7 pc has shut down due to overheating ...

Now the computer will not start, black screen but lights and fan switched on

I have followed many posts to create a usb pen to recover the BIOS but I could not find the right procedure and I do not know if where to find the correct bios for my notebook

Can you give me a hand with a step by step guide?
    TNX

2. Re: Satellite C660-1GD - BIOS upgrade failed for overeating
    Scholar
    When BIOS update is interrupted for some reason there is very complicated situation.
    BIOS is screwed up and you cannot start your machine anymore.

In such case you need professional help by authorized Toshiba service provider. They can help you with this.

All I can do for you is to offer this link where you can read about similar BIOS issue. I hope this link can help you.

Good luck.

3. Re: Satellite C660-1GD - BIOS upgrade failed for overeating
    Master
    In worst case you will need to contact the Toshiba authorized service provider in order to fix this issue.

From my knowledge an special BIOS crisis disk is required in order to reflash the EMPRO module.
    Some people were abele to create such disk using some 3rd party applications but this did not work always… So I guess you have to get in contact with service engineer to get is fixed.

4. Re: Satellite C660-1GD - BIOS upgrade failed for overeating
    Beginner
    thanks man ...

I have already tried to download several packages crisis recovery but none seem to work properly ...

I also downloaded the bios for the pc ... v.2.00 ... unzipped the file and extract the file .ROM (inside the package there are two, one of which of 4mb and one of few kb) renamed .WPH and tried to make the system xp from usb pens native formatted fat ... but I'm not sure of the combination of the keys to start the procedure no ...

it seems to work properly ... the usb stick does not blink but only for a while then the computer turns off and stays on only the power of light ...

I thank you for the help ... I hope it is just a matter of attempts, keys, pen usb or bios correct ... I hope ...