Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: BIOS password removal on Tecra M11-11M

1. BIOS password removal on Tecra M11-11M
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba Tecra M11-11M which has been password locked. I have stripped the notebook and removed the BIOS battery for 10 min but the password still remains ie on the screen it still reads PASSWORD- ****.

There is no way to enter the BIOS via any key combination.
    There are no markings or letters on the motherboard whatsoever ie: C35-C36 or J12-J13 to short out which would in most cases remove the password and allow access to the BIOS.

Any techies out there with any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Some people asking for help with a bios password are not thieves but just forgetful fools.

2. Re: BIOS password removal on Tecra M11-11M
    As far as I know Toshiba uses several methods for BIOS password removal. On business machines like Tecra or Portege the method is not the same as on Satellite models.
    BIOS battery removal maybe works on desktops but not on mobile machines.

Mobile machines must have better protection due to fact that can be pretty easy stolen and it is very important to prevent fraudulent use.
    > Some people asking for help with a bios password are not thieves but just forgetful fools.
    Thatís correct but you cannot expect that BIOS password removal method will be described on public forum. Contact nearest Toshiba service provider and they will do this for you. All you must do is to show valid bill and prove that you are real owner of this Tecra machine.

3. Re: BIOS password removal on Tecra M11-11M
    Master
    The information provided by Dr.Lamp was confirmed also in this Toshiba document.

How do I delete a BIOS Password if I have forgotten it?
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ35002I000IR01.htm