Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite R830 won't power up - flashing power indicator

1. Satellite R830 won't power up - flashing power indicator
    Beginner
    Hello,

My Satallite R830 won't turn on.

The power symbol flashes orange 8 times then pauses and restarts. there are 6 quick flashes followed by a longer one on the 7th flash then another quick one. The wireless symbol is lit up (orange) all the time.

If I unplug the laptop and take out the battery and hold the restart button for 30s then without the battery plug in the charger the flashing stops and the power symbol goes green, until I try turning it on, it has a split second where it sounds like it's booting up then stops and the orange flashing resumes.

Same thing happens if I unplug the ac adaptor and the battery and then tried the above but with the battery and no ac charger.

I have tried with another adaptor (same amp and volt output).

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Message was edited by: sivyer2081

2. Re: Satellite R830 won't power up - flashing power indicator
    Master
    >6 quick flashes followed by a longer one on the 7th flash then another quick one

If the power supply microcontroller detected an error the DC IN lamp sends a blinking code.
    The short means 0 and long means 1.
    I your case this means: 0000 0010

Since error code starts with LSB (least significant bit) you have to read it from behind
    0000 0010 -> 0100 0000 -> 40 H (hex)
    Now you will need to know what 40 H means

According to some details which I found in internet, the 40H could be the S3V output fault. (S3V voltage is over 3.47V)

However, such errors are mostly related to motherboard problem (internal circuit problem) and from my point of few only part replacement would fix this error.