Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite NB10 - enable BIOS supervisor mode?

1. Satellite NB10 - enable BIOS supervisor mode?
    Beginner
    Hi.

Just unboxed an NB10-A and applied our standard policy of setting a supervisor password on the bios.
    Now when I enter the bios setup during boot it defaults to non-supervisor mode and I can find no way to get it to prompt me for the password to allow me to make changes.
    Does anyone know what I'm overlooking? All options are greyed out and I can't make it ask me for a password.

Cheers

Oliver

2. Re: Satellite NB10 - enable BIOS supervisor mode?
    > Now when I enter the bios setup during boot it defaults to non-supervisor mode and I can find no way to get it to prompt me for the password to allow me to make changes.

Usually if the supervisor password has been set, you can access the BIOS pressing F2 button.
    Now you have to insert the Supervisor Password or you can proceeds with limit access to different BIOS options by pressing the F11 button.

If you have inserted the right supervisor password, you could delete it again in the BIOS security tab.
    Usually you have to insert the right supervisor password and have to press ENTER twice just to delete it. Then save the changes

Here an short description what the supervisor password does.
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ9202JF0000R01.htm