Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-28V - USB hub problem

1. Satellite C660-28V - USB hub problem
    Beginner
    Hi,

1st of all im not from any English speaking countries so forget any accidental mistakes which a may (and i will trust me) write down.

So how i write in subject of this threat i have problem with my usb hub i try explain what exactly happening to my book but 1st i have satellite model n. c660-28v Part no. psc1ge-03j008cz running win7/64 and on Toshiba support in section for this specific book cant find any usb generic hub driver or any driver related to USB at all

Some about 2 month i reinstall my OS not with recovery but with clean OS and i have problem since.
    From this time im not able to find or repair this driver something is working but not all .... some external disks, flash drives, mice, keyboards doesn't work at all even before re-installation all works just fine.

Its not that bad but sometime this drives me crazy especially in time when im in time-pressed situation when i dont have time for troubles like this

Book still telling me that i have newest drivers even after uninstallation and restart.
    if this is insufficient data just ask

Thx for any advice or support which u may give me

Sepo

2. Re: Satellite C660-28V - USB hub problem
    Master
    Hi

Iíve checked specification for your notebook and as I can see your notebook was originally offered with Win7 64bit so I don't understand why you don't use this original version.
    You could install original recovery image and just optimize it to your needs.

Ok you maybe want to have Ultimate version and your own OS installation should not be problem because all necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can download from Toshiba drivers download page - http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

Of course we don't know what have you installed and how it looks like when you open device manager. Are all hardware components installed and listed properly?

Anyway, what I can say is that all Win7 64bit drivers, tools and utilities are available and you should install all of them.
    The right installation order is as follow:
    Windows 7 64bit
    TOSHIBA Assist
    Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility
    Intel Management Engine Interface
    Intel Display Driver
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
    Realtek Audio Driver
    TOSHIBA Supervisor Password Utility
    TOSHIBA HW Setup Utility
    TOSHIBA Flash Cards Support Utility
    TOSHIBA Value Added Package