Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U840T-103 - touch screen stopped working

1. Satellite U840T-103 - touch screen stopped working
    Beginner
    Hi, I have a Satellite U840t-103.

The touch screen stopped working a little while ago.
    I just don't know why.

I think I may have been fiddling with the project button, but I still can't make it work again.

Please help.

2. Re: Satellite U840T-103 - touch screen stopped working
    Hi

The touch screen does not require any special Toshiba drivers.
    The driver is already part of the Windows 8 / 8.1
    Therefore I donít think there is some software problem but of course, I would recommend you to recover the notebook back to factory settings using the Toshiba recovery disk just to check if this procedure would enable the touch screen functionality once again.

This is an first common procedure in case something wrong would happen to the notebook or the system.

But if system recovery doesnít help, the notebook needs to be checked by authorized service provider for possible hardware malfunction. But letís hope, the recovery procedure would solve your problem.

3. Re: Satellite U840T-103 - touch screen stopped working
    Beginner
    I am also Toshiba 840T owner and my touch screen is also not functionning anymore since few days.

Looks more like a software/driver problem. If so, it would be wise that Toshiba/Microsoft have a look at it, because returning device is not really pleasant/efficient for owners...

4. Re: Satellite U840T-103 - touch screen stopped working
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud76fr View Post
    I am also Toshiba 840T owner and my touch screen is also not functionning anymore since few days.

Looks more like a software/driver problem. If so, it would be wise that Toshiba/Microsoft have a look at it, because returning device is not really pleasant/efficient for owners...

Same here, I notice a short while ago...windows update? don't know, but think is my touch screen no longer works.

And no, refreshing my laptop not knowing what is the cause, is not a solution, only a cheap headache