Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise

1. My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise
    Beginner
    Hello

Today I was playing my games, as usual until my laptop starting making very, very loud buzzing noises. I instantly turned off the laptop. Left if for a bit and turned back on. Again, extremely loud noises. I'm scared to turn it back on now. Im thinking it's the fan as that is where the noise is coming from but I can't be sure.

Any advice on what to do? Any one else had this problem?

Thanks
    Frozensin

2. Re: My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise
    Master
    On this virtual way we cannot say for sure what the problem is but I can imagine that cooling fan is responsible for this.
    From the first moment when you switch your notebook ON cooling fan is active so I would like to know if you can hear this noise from the first second after start-up.

Is there some other kind of vibration?

Of course it is also interesting to know if your notebook has valid warranty or not. If yes I strongly recommend you to contact nearest Toshiba service provider, explain the situation and ask for help.
    They can order and exchange cooling vent.

3. Re: My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise
    Beginner
    Yes, it does vibrate. I can feel some of the keys above vibrating too. Today clean the fan and see if that helps

4. Re: My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise
    Beginner
    I cleaned the fan, and it was alright for an hour until the noise has starred again. Anyone know what I should do?

5. Re: My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise
    Scholar
    If the warranty is still valid, contact Toshiba service. It can be mechanical defect.

I cannot say for sure but maybe is cooling vent defective and must be replaced. The cooling vent speed can be changed so it will be interesting if this will result with changing noise intensity.

Test it a bit.

6. Re: My Satellite C855 is making very loud noise
    Beginner
    Now a message has come up.
    A problem without cooling system has been detected. So it must be the fan. I think i'll just order a new homeland fit it. Thanks for the help