Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro C660-1LR - New HDD but no recovery disc

1. Satellite Pro C660-1LR - New HDD but no recovery disc
    Beginner
    I need some help for my sons laptop which is the Satellite Pro C660-1LR.

The hard drive in this laptop completely died, i did not create a recovery disc for this laptops system.
    I have purchased a new hard drive which is installed..however as you have guessed i have no access to reinstalling a OS, this laptop runs on windows 7.

I am not really tech savvy so if anyone can advise me please make explain in idiot proof format!! I am trying to avoid having to purchase anything to costly.

2. Re: Satellite Pro C660-1LR - New HDD but no recovery disc
    Master
    > I am trying to avoid having to purchase anything to costly.
    Problem is that you don't have many options about that.
    If you want to have “factory settings” again you need recovery installation disc. You can order it on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx Of course it is not for free but, in my opinion, definitely the best solution.

You can buy Microsoft installation disc and install own version. You must buy valid licence for it.
    In this case you must install all necessary drivers, tools and utilities additionally one by one.

Just in case that you can get this Microsoft installation and licence for free you can save some money.

Believe me the best solution is original recovery disc order.

3. Re: Satellite Pro C660-1LR - New HDD but no recovery disc
    Beginner
    Many thanks, I thought that would be the only way.

Joy.