Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Display driver update for Satellite C670

1. Display driver update for Satellite C670
    Beginner
    Hello
    my configuration:
    Windows 8.1
    Satellite C670-15F
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 v9.17.10.2843 (29/11/12)
    Laptop

Link:
    Computer: http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?service=EU&ID=smp-product-results&userAction=SMP_RESULTS_PAGE&partNumber=PSC 3UE-016005BT&USER_ACTION=Auto-detect
    Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=fra&ProductFamily=Interface s+graphiques&ProductLine=Contr%C3%B4leurs+graphiqu es+pour+PC+portables&ProductProduct=Processeurs+In tel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+de+2e+g%C3%A9n%C3%A9ration +avec+graphiques+HD+Intel%C2%AE+3000%2f2000

I wanted to update my display card (Intel HD Graphics 3000), then i went on Intel for the update and he told me that "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues.
    Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer" .

After, i went on Toshiba Drivers and search the driver, but the version of my display card was equal than your driver, since 4 years that there is not update and the latest update of Intel HD Graphics 3000 is 15.28.22.64.3517 (10/04/2014)
    Why Toshiba did so not updated the graphics card?

2. Re: Display driver update for Satellite C670
    Scholar
    Drivers update for mobile machines is pretty limited and it is big difference between mobile machines and desktops.
    Due to specific design and cooling system that machine has GPU must be “under control”. With new driver GPU can offer more performance but result is more heat that can be dangerous for notebook’s hardware.

This is the reason why notebook manufacturers don't offer such updates and offer just adapted display drivers. If you try to download driver from GPU manufacturer directly there is always a indication to use driver from notebook manufacturer’s support page.