Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra Z50-A-12X isn't connected properly to Port Replicator III

1. Tecra Z50-A-12X isn't connected properly to Port Replicator III
    Beginner
    Hello,

I just bought a TECRA Z50-A-12X with HI-speed replicator replicator III 120.

It works but the computer is not stable and I'm afraid it will eventually damage the port see me problems when using.

Indeed, the PC is not properly seated in the replicator.

Is there a solution or did not have this application?

Thank you for your reply.

good day

2. Re: Tecra Z50-A-12X isn't connected properly to Port Replicator III
    Hi

Please don't understand me wrong but you should clarify this with Toshiba directly. Here on this forum you can hear some useful opinions and comments but I think you should get right info from Toshiba directly.

What you can also do is to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help. You can visit ASP and demonstrate how it works and I hope you will get professional opinion about this issue.

Long time ago I had Tecra notebook with port replicator and it was properly in place and really fixed in port replicator so there no danger of damaging small port placed at the bottom side.

3. Re: Tecra Z50-A-12X isn't connected properly to Port Replicator III
    Master
    Hi

In Toshiba Z50-A user manual (page 96) you will find detailed instruction how such hi-speed port replicator III could be connected to this notebook.

You must connect the Ac adaptor before you connect to a port replicator.
    To dock the notebook in the port replicator align the top left and top right corner of your notebook to the connect mark on the port replicators

For Tecra Z50-A the top left corner as well as the top right corner has to be set to C.
    Then press down on the back to the computer until it clicks into the place. When the computer is connected, the docked light on the power replicator glows green while the notebook is powered on

4. Re: Tecra Z50-A-12X isn't connected properly to Port Replicator III
    Beginner
    I agree with erp392.

The Z50 wobbles on the dock, although it is 'latched' in place and functional.

It appears to be a design fault, as the notebook is resting entirely on the docking connector, and not the rubber supports of the dock.