Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50-A-1D6: restore the preinstalled Recovery Partition

1. Satellite L50-A-1D6: restore the preinstalled Recovery Partition
    Beginner
    Hi all.

I have modified the partion of my HDD, now the preistalled Recovery Partion is not available anymore.
    I understand that in this way the partion table was modified and so the Recovery Partition cannot be found in order to restore the factory settings or to create a recovery disk.

However, the recovery partition is still on HDD and its contents seem to be correct.

Is there a way to make the recovery partition available yet?
    (At the moment, I can use the lapton only by booting it from a"live cd")

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Satellite L50-A-1D6: restore the preinstalled Recovery Partition
    > Is there a way to make the recovery partition available yet?
    As I understand you recovery partition is still available but problem is that recovery installation tool cannot find it anymore. Recovery partition is visible only in case that notebook has original “factory settings” and originally defined partition structure.

Unfortunately now you will not be able to start recovery image installation.
    Have you created recovery media following instructions described in user’s manuals document?

3. Re: Satellite L50-A-1D6: restore the preinstalled Recovery Partition
    Beginner
    Hi Dr.Lamp

The problem just is that I have not created recovery media _before_ !

Now I only have the contents of OEM recovery partition copied on a external HDD.
    I know I can buy the recovery media from TOSHIBA and sure I will do.

But I would like to learn how it is possible to burn a recovery media starting from folder and files copied from recovery partition (or to recoverer these files directly on the HDD).

Any suggestion?
    Thank

4. Re: Satellite L50-A-1D6: restore the preinstalled Recovery Partition
    > Now I only have the contents of OEM recovery partition copied on a external HDD.
    Maybe its not too late to create own recovery media.

Take a look into this HowTo doc:
    [How to create a USB recovery media flash drive from recovery ISO images- or discs (DVDs)|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD4103KB0000R01.htm]

In case the files are still persisting, you should be able to create such USB flash recovery medium.