Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z930-118 wont start after BIOS update

1. Portege Z930-118 wont start after BIOS update
    Beginner
    my PORTÉGÉ Z930-118 failover and wont start after i upgrading in middle of upgrade i remove power and press shutdown bottom after that i see the power and wireless but screen still black ?

Any help please

2. Re: Portege Z930-118 wont start after BIOS update
    Enthusiast
    Hmmmm.... BIOS upgrade interruption has screwed up BIOS and that’s the reason why your notebook doesn't start properly. BIOS is damaged now.
    In such case you need professional help by authorized Toshiba service provider.

On this forum you can find many threads about similar problems. Some people have tried to fix this alone and if you are interested to read how one other forum user has fixed it check please this thread.

Ayway, you can contact nearest Toshiba service, explain the situation and ask for help.

3. Re: Portege Z930-118 wont start after BIOS update
    Master
    In such cases the EPROM needs to be reflashed once again using BIOS crisis disk.
    Usually this needs to be done by Toshiba authorized service provider. But of course this would be possible only if EPROM module has not been damage.

What to say: try to procedure (link above) posted by Bob. In case it will not work, the ASP is your next contact point.

Good luck