Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-1DT will not switch on

1. Satellite L500-1DT will not switch on
    Beginner
    My laptop will not switch on unless the cable from the on off switch is disconnected and the connections are bridged on the motherboard. Any suggestions please?

2. Re: Satellite L500-1DT will not switch on
    Can you start your notebook if battery is removed and notebook connected to AC power supply only?

3. Re: Satellite L500-1DT will not switch on
    Beginner
    Thanks for your reply.

No, the only way to get it to start is to remove the keyboard, disconnect the cable then manually switch it on using tweezers on the motherboard connection! It stays on like this but as soon as you replace the keyboard it switches itself off again :(

4. Re: Satellite L500-1DT will not switch on
    Master
    > the only way to get it to start is to remove the keyboard, disconnect the cable then manually switch it on using tweezers on the motherboard connection!

I think the case is clear enough. Itís hardware problem.
    What suggestion did you expect? I mean, in case of faulty hardware part you have no many options but to replace the faulty part.

It looks like the motherboard is affected and in my opinion the mobo should be replaced.