Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error

1. Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Beginner
    Computer beginner here.

I've got a Satellite L450D-11V.

Last week I dropped it and ever since I have been getting a PXE-E61 error. Below it states something about Realtek Ethernet and then the error message appears below that saying media cannot be detected.

What does this mean? and what do I have to do to resolve the error?

2. Re: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Master
    Notebooks have several bootable devices like hard disc drive, optical disc drive and network card.
    In BIOS settings it is possible to define which device can be used as first, second or last bootable device.

If first bootable device is not detected notebook tries to use second and at least third bootable device. In your case for some reason hard disc drive and optical disc drive cannot be detected as bootable devices ant it ends trying to use network card. Due to this you can see this PXE-E61 error.

I cannot say for sure but Iím afraid there is some serious technical problem with your HDD and it cannot be used as bootable device anymore.
    What you can do is to enter BIOS settings and check if HDD is listed and recognized properly.

Try also to start your notebook and press F12 to enter boot menu. If HDD is listed there choose it and press ENTER button. What happen when you do this?

Please post some feedback.

3. Re: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Beginner
    OK thanks.

I really don't understand the workings behind my computer, but surely, because I can still access all my documents stored on the HDD, it is still recognisable?

Or do I still have to check BIOS settings? If so, how do I do that?

Much Appreciated.

4. Re: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Beginner
    Updated question

5. Re: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Beginner
    Ok, so I tried booting via hard-disk and everything seemed to be fine. I presume that means the PC is recognising it?

6. Re: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Master
    If you are able to boot from the internal HDD, then the HDD is OK and its recognized in BIOS.
    The PXE-E61 message means that notebook tries to boot from LAN (network)
    But since this was not possible, the following PXE-E61 notification occurred.

7. Re: Satellite L450D-11V - PXE-E61 Error
    Beginner
    Thanks.
    So I guess I don't need a new HDD then?