Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question

1. Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    Beginner
    I have Z10T-A140 PT131V

i have 3 problem :

1- after near 3 months , now toshiba health program show my battery is fair .
    2- toshiba program show lunch new bios ( 2.00 ) for z10t , but can not find bios on toshiba website ( download page )

[link |http://www.toshibamea.com/downloadbiosupdates.aspx]

3- i view on monitor ( LCD ) near 0.5*0.5 cm near fan : monitor more very few Brighter .

i think Temperature have effective on monitor quality .

thank you

2. Re: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    Beginner
    Now i search and find new bios z10t version 2.0
    But after download and extract show :

All models having part numbers beginning with "PT131M", "PT131P", "PT131U", "PT132M", "PT132P", "PT132U", "PT133M", "PT133P", "PT133U", "PT134M", "PT134P", or "PT134U".

My notebook is z10t PT131V !
    But Toshiba program show i must update bios .

Why?

[link|http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200006665]

3. Re: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    Hi dude

You are searching on wrong Toshiba driver website.
    You posted links to Toshiba USA support page.

Your notebook Portege Z10t-A140 PT131V-00H005AR was released for Middle East market but you have to search on [Toshiba EU driver page|http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=EU] where you would find your Portege Z10t-A140 PT131V model.

On Toshiba EU driver page you can find the latest BIOS exactly for this PT131V model

4. Re: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    Beginner
    Dear ,

Thank you so much , now i find it .

could you please help me for other 2 my questions ?

Best Regards ,

5. Re: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    > 1- after near 3 months , now toshiba health program show my battery is fair .
    What to say: sooner or later every battery will start to lose the own performance. Usually this happens after around 500 charging cycles. This is nothing unusual.

> 3- i view on monitor ( LCD ) near 0.5*0.5 cm near fan - monitor more very few Brighter .
    Sorry but I donít know what you mean exactly...
    Is there something wrong with the display? In case youíve got some display problems, an authorized technician should check the hardware.

6. Re: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    Beginner
    Thank you.

At this long time i more try use my notebook with AC plug and few time to use battery.

But now toshiba health application show my battery is poor.
    Why my battery very speedy loss quality ?

Base which conditions toshiba service center replace my battery with new battery? ( free )

Thank you .
    best regards

7. Re: Portege Z10t-A140 - battery and BIOS update question
    > Why my battery very speedy loss quality ?
    As I already said above: this is nothing unusual for batteries and it just a matter of time when the battery would not be able to hold the charge.

But notebook handling is very important if it comes to expand the battery working life.
    Itís good for battery life if the AC adaptor would be disconnected after battery has been fully charged. Also the battery should be calibrated from time to time to extend or to keep the battery performance as long as possible.

> Base which conditions toshiba service center replace my battery with new battery? ( free )
    As far as I know battery as well as other notebook parts are covered by one year standard warranty.
    In my opinion in case of battery fault (within this period9, the battery replacement should be covered by warranty.