Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio X770 turns on but screen stays blank

1. Qosmio X770 turns on but screen stays blank
    Beginner
    So my Qosmio X770 turns on but the screen stays blank, it was randomly turning on every so often but now it just stays blank.

The hd is working fine still, I've tried plugging it into a TV to see if it works but no signal is found. I've been told by a friend that it could be a problem with the graphics card, I'm wondering if it can be simply swapped if I buy a new one or is it integrated and I would have to replace the whole motherboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Re: Qosmio X770 turns on but screen stays blank
    Even if the HDD would be faulty, the notebook should power ON and you should see the Toshiba splash screen on the internal display.
    So its definitely NOT HDD problem.

You said you have connected the notebook to the TV. Can you see the Toshiba splash screen on the external monitor (TV)? Are you able to access the BIOS pressing F2?

If not, there is definitely an hardware problem.
    It could be an fault of memory modules, graphic card or even motherboard malfunction might be possible.

In case of GPU or motherboard problems, the whole motherboard has to be replaced and this is expensive fix since mobo is most expensive notebook part.