Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Removing BIOS password on Tecra A8

1. Removing BIOS password on Tecra A8
    Beginner
    Greetings,

It was recently purchased two secondhand laptops Toshiba “Tecra A8”with serial numbers Y6091612H and Y6091296H. Both were passworded (there is no opportunity even to go into the BIOS). On the Internet I found the information that it may reset the password using the response code.

Is it possible to get the response code?

2. Re: Removing BIOS password on Tecra A8
    Master
    This code can get authorized service provider only. You as private person will not be able to get it somehow.
    Contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country and explain the situation. They can help you and remove BIOS password.

3. Re: Removing BIOS password on Tecra A8
    Enthusiast
    I’m afraid as*** is right.
    As far as I know Toshiba uses several methods for BIOS password removal and one of them is based on entering response code.
    With other words Toshiba service provider sends unique code to Toshiba and after short period of time ASP receives response code that can “unlock” certain notebook.

With other words: notebook owner cannot do this on its own. It can be done by Toshiba service only.
    Contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help. Addresses and phone numbers you can find on http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/

Bye and good luck.