Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work

1. 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    Connecting to the Internet has, but do not run the application. Writes what is available in the Demonstration mode. Works only browser

2. Re: Smart TV does not work
    Master
    I’m afraid your message is not very clear understandable…
    Could you please post your TV model number and exact explanation of your issue?

3. Re: Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    Hello!

What I understand from his message I have similar problem.

I just got my Toshiba L43*** series Smart tv and connected it to internet. The normal browser works fine, but if I try to see apps, go to "serach" mode or even to "support" pages it indicates that I do not have internet connection and this system works now only on demo-mode.

How can I reach support or any other pages (apps) if it does not reckon' my internet connection? It cannot be available in only certain countries!

Can anyone help me?!

Regards, katiainen

4. Re: Smart TV does not work
    Where are you from and where did you purchase your Smart TV device?
    What is exactly the model number of your TV?

You should set the right TV country and language settings!

I guess you are talking about the Toshiba Cloud TV or Toshiba App Connect service.
    The content and features found within the Toshiba Cloud TV or Toshiba App Connect differs from country to country and may change or discontinue without prior notice.

Here details:
    http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/cloud-tv-portal_eu/

5. Re: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    Hey,

the exact model is 32L4353D.

I am from Finland and TV is bought from normal home appliance store.

TV and language settings are ok,

I was interested for example to use Youtube with TV, but since I cannot use the app or cannot download flash player it seems that is it not possible in Finland I.

Is there any list where it can be seen that what features are available in each country?

Reg, Katriina

6. Re: Smart TV does not work
    Flash player cannot be downloaded.
    The Toshiba App Connect service provides some 3rd party application which allows you to use their services.

But as mentioned by JoeLouis; the content and features differs from country to country. Unfortunately, I did not find any list about available features for each country.

7. Re: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    To be honest, my experience of Toshiba Smart TV is that it isn't very smart at all! I haven't been able to access any site which requires a password using the browser. When I contacted Toshiba support from the UK the response was basically that the browser is limited in functionality and often can't handle sites requiring passwords. I asked about downloading and using other browsers and was told I can't do that either!

This has to be the worlds least intelligent 'smart' TV.

8. Re: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    I just purchased a Toshiba 50L4333DG in the Netherlands. The WiFi is connected; new software was successfully downloaded.

When the Toshiba Internet browser is selected a message appears...

*The new Browser with HTML5 video... press <home> to go back.*

In smaller print below it reads...

+Features and service shown here are for demonstration purposes only.+

There are other messages that mention demo mode.

So how do I fix this?

-Dio

9. Re: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    *@Diogenes_1*

> There are other messages that mention demo mode.

The "demo mode" issue was already discussed in this thread:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=72362

As reported by other user, the reset should help to solve this issue.
    You would get an list of questions from Toshiba service which are needed to improve the service. You have to accept this and then you should be able to connect to cloud TV

10. Re: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    For what it's worth I did do a reset (twice) and with the same results. So I had the wonderful user experience, on three occasions, of entering my wifi security key in slow motion on a 50 inch High Def keyboard. If any neighbors within 100 meters were watching through the window, they could have collectively cheered me on with each keystroke.

But I noticed that the password entered is displayed as a series of dots, no doubt FOR SECURIY REASONS.

The next day there was no "demo mode". Everything just started to work on its own. I suspect that Toshiba has servers somewhere providing some of the "smarts" here and those servers were down.

11. Re: 32L4353D Smart TV does not work
    Beginner
    Just had the same problem last evening. Did not do anything, Have been waitning until morning and it works again. Likely, somebody in Toshiba has restarted server/ process.
    Greetings.