Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C50D-A-12x crashes often - driver WudfRd

1. Satellite C50D-A-12x crashes often - driver WudfRd
    I have a Toshiba satellite C-50D-a-12x with windows 8.1 and often it crash and sometimes arrest.

In the events log every time an advise appears:

Nome registro: System
    Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Data: 22/01/2014 12:45:37
    ID evento: 219
    Categoria attività:(212)
    Livello: Avviso
    Parole chiave:
    Utente: SYSTEM
    Impossibile caricare il driver \Driver\WudfRd per il dispositivo SWD\ SensorsAndLocationEnum \ LPSensorSWDevice.

What i have to do ???

2. Re: Satellite C50D-A-12x crashes often - driver WudfRd

It looks like the driver / service WudfRd causes the system crash.
    After googling around it seems that other people have had the similar system problems.

The WUDFRd is a service and it is called "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework" which is also responsible for USB devices

I would recommend you to disconnect all the devices you had connected to the notebook’s USB ports. You should also uninstall all USB hubs which appear in device manager and then reboot the notebook.

You should also go into services .msc and look for Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework. Check the status of this service. Usually it should be set to manual.
    Under "Status" it could be set to off.
    If you pluggin a USB device the status change to "Started".

Try to changed the startup type to "Automatic". Then shut down the notebook and restart. Then check the status again to see if it would be still set to automatic.

I recommend you to test and to monitor the notebook functionality without connection of any USB devices. Then plugged in an USB device again and check if an error would appear or system would crash.