Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018

1. Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Hello out there,

since seven days i try to update my system to WIN8.1. from the first try i get the errorcod 0xc1900101 - 0x30018.
    I have already made a reinstallation of WIN8 and deinstalled everything exept the networkdriver. Allways get the same message. The installation seems to work fine till deviceconfiguration 64%. Then it restarts and sets back to WIN8.
    My system is Satellite Pro C870 -1EJ
    Need some help, or better an solution.

THX

verzweiflix

2. Re: Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Just solved it myself,

and for anyone else with the same Problem.
    It has been the Catalyst suite. Just deinstalled it and voila
    It now works.

3. Re: Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    It worked for just one day :-(, then it crashed.
    Toshiba say this must be a Microsoft problem and if you ask microsoft they say it must be a Tohsiba problem.
    That is not very amusing....
    I will keep on trying and post a solution if i can find one.

4. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    I have the same problem!!!
    I own a toshiba Satellite C855-2J5...
    What makes me angry is that i installed it a while ago, and then, one day, it crashed and i had to reset my PC....
    After the reset win 8 was restored, but the 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 error appeared!
    All my drivers are up to date.. Really don't know what to do!!!

5. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Same sh*t with my C870. It is upgraded once successfully to 8.1, then crushed after a while. After I restored Windows 8 it no longer wants to uprade, getting the same error number as topic starter.

6. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Hi @ all and a happy new Year,
    I have the same Problem with my Setellite Pro C850-1MX. Win 8.1 worked about 14 days and than crashed my laptop.
    I tryed to install the update about 10 times with no result.

Is it possible, to get an answer from Toshiba???

Greets, Chorge

7. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    I have exactly the same problem.

After almost a year with a perfectly running system, I had to reinstall everything due to a crash of my C855-1W8. The problem was allready that the clean install costed about 5 hours (don't know if that's normal) and that Windows Update was really SLOW at te beginning.

So far so good, I've updated everything and decided to reinstall Windows 8.1. And it worked perfectly: the laptop was rebooting, all devices were ready and suddenly the system said that it returned itself to the original installation. After that I received the infamous 0xC... error.

I've tried everything and the next installation of Windows 8.1 was close, but no cigar. As I read other fora about this problem, it is well known, but also well known is that the manufacturers are saying that the problem has to be solved by Microsoft and that Microsoft is saying that the manufacturers have to solve te problem.

It is a bloody shame that this problem exists for at least 3 to 4 months and that there's still no solution. And the manufacturers are acting like ostriches: putting their head in the sand and leave their customers alone.

A friend of mine is thinking about another strategy to battle this problem (if it works, I will let you know), but I'm thinking about contacting the national television programme called "Kassa": in one way or another, they're probably able to get at least an official reaction of the manufacturers.

8. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Hi there, also a GERMAN USer with the SHAME Prob!!! Sorry for my english ;-) it`s a SHAME!

Tried for three days upgrading to win8.1 getting this message "Die vorhergehende Version wurde wieder hergestellt" means that the old Version is backuped?! No one wanted that.
    Looked an searched in other threads for solving. Tried with:
    updating all mocrosoft updates found for win8,
    ´booting unsecure` with UEFI deactivated,
    deinstalled catalyst Suite,
    deaktivated WIFI Driver etc.
    No way to get that Windows 8.1 running without the above error occured. Hope SOMEONE from Toshiba is reading theese Posts an gets in touch with Microsoft to deal.
    Good Luck everyone

9. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Got it :-)
    its not so easy but working. You need a Win8 CD Without any Toshiba extras. Download a produktkeyviewer for WIN8 and get your key.
    Install windows from this CD. in windows-update all updates from the recomended sektion has to be installed. Go to the devicemanager, delete the following:
    Bluetooth, HD-Audio, AMD-Radeon aktivate Checkbox for complete software deinstallation if asked for.
    got to the Disk-sektion and delete the Generic-Multicard-USB-Device.
    in the Systemdevicesektion delete Bluetooth-ACPI and HD-Audio-ControllerNow you can download the 8.1 update from the store and install. Install the latest driver from Toshiba.

10. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    I managed to upgrade as well. I uninstalled all the Toshiba stuff, all the driver packs (catalyst and realtek wlan), then I uninstalled all the devices previous author mentioned plus I uninstalled Toshiba hotkeys and webcam drivers. After that upgrade goes well. It is obvious that the problem is within drivers. If you get into any problem, go to device manager and search for any suspicious driver from Toshiba or other than Microsoft vendor and kill it.

11. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    But after update Windows keeps crashing after a minute of work (or so)

12. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    But after update Windows keeps crashing after a minute of work (or so)

13. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    Thats why i used the WIN8 DVD from Microsoft for a clean installation of the system. Had the same problem bevor :-(
    even with clean installatin and without deleting the drivers mentioned above you will receive the error-code.
    So it must be one of the drivers, but i don´t wont to spend any more time on searching wich one exactly is the problem.

14. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    Beginner
    I updated display driver, network driver *and it works stable now.*
    (Wifi is not functional with the latest realtek driver though, it cant get ip address from dhcp)

15. Re: Satellite Pro C870 - Win8.1 update - Error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018
    This issue has been reported many times here in the forum and was solved as reported by user harrie_1 at 12-Jan-2014

Look into this thread:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=74631

Beside the workaround posted by harrie_1 you could try to fix the update issue going through the steps which are:

• Uninstalling AV and turning off Firewall
    • Switch from using Wi-Fi to a Wired using a network cable
    • Remove AVG
    • SFC Scan
    • Disable Wi-Fi
    • Update BIOS
    • Remove extra USB devices

Greets