Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-1XD will not turn on

1. Satellite L500-1XD will not turn on
    Beginner
    I didn't use my laptop for 2 weeks and now when I try to turn it on there is no sign of life other than the power lights at the front when it's plugged in. It's not just a screen issue - there are no whirring noises or anything when I try to turn it on, I just get nothing.

So far I have tried:

A power cycle
    Changing the power supply and battery with my dad's identical computer.
    Removing each of the two RAM sticks one at a time, repeating the power cycle, and trying to turn on.
    Disconnecting the DVD drive and turning on.

None of these worked.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Re: Satellite L500-1XD will not turn on
    Hi

> Removing each of the two RAM sticks one at a time, repeating the power cycle, and trying to turn on.

What you could try to power up the unit using the RAM modules which are used in Dadís identical notebook.
    In case this does not help, I would assume some kind of motherboard malfunction might be the reason why the notebook cannot be powered ON.

How to solve this?
    I guess you have no many options; the faulty part needs to be replaced. But I think this is a matter of expense