Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite C660-1LD - Touchpad stops working

1. Satellite C660-1LD - Touchpad stops working
    Beginner
    Hi,

I am having this problem for over a month now, the touch pad stops working suddenly and it starts to work after a restart and sometimes after a couple of restarts.

The frequency of this issue is at least twice an hour. I am really tired of restarting all the time.
    I have tried system restore but that has not helped and the function keys are not working either.

Details:
    Model:SATELLITE C660-1LD
    Warranty: Expired 03/2013

2. Re: Satellite C660-1LD - Touchpad stops working
    > I have tried system restore but that has not helped

What do you mean exactly by system restore?

Did you use the Toshiba Recovery DVD or Toshiba HDD Recovery procedure to set the notebook back to factory settings?
    In case you did not try that, I recommend doing this!

Fact is that this recovery procedure should fix the system/software issues and in my opinion it looks more like a software as a hardware problem.

3. Re: Satellite C660-1LD - Touchpad stops working
    Beginner
    Hi, Thanks for the response but having done the HDD recovery, the problem is still there.

4. Re: Satellite C660-1LD - Touchpad stops working
    Master
    > Thanks for the response but having done the HDD recovery, the problem is still there.
    It must be hardware related issue. I cannot say exactly what is wrong there. Maybe touchpad connection problem. It must be checked by service.

I really don't know what to do. Hardware check can be expensive so if you use notebook at home as desktop replacement somewhere on the desk use external mouse. Other way you must send it to the service or find someone who can check this.