Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro C50: Installation of Win 7 using UEFI boot mode

1. Satellite Pro C50: Installation of Win 7 using UEFI boot mode
    Beginner
    I want to install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on Sat Pro C50 (downgrade if you like - supplied with Win 8), but I want it UEFI booting, with GPT partitioning.
    I am happy to wipe existing partitions if that solves problem.

I _have_ disabled Secure Boot.
    Booting Win 8 install DVD works;
    Setting CSM boot and booting from Win 7 DVD works - but this isn't what I want.
    Setting back to UEFI boot and boot Win7 install media - locks up at "Starting Windows" screen.
    Media _is_ good, works OK on other manufacturers' PCs.

I am not convinced this is a Microsoft problem.

2. Re: Satellite Pro C50: Installation of Win 7 using UEFI boot mode
    Hi

On Toshiba notebooks where UEFI BIOS is available, itís necessary to disable secure boot and to change the boot mode to CSM in order to boot from external sources and to install other systems than Win 8 or Win 8.1

Some workarounds in the internet describes the installation of Windows 7 in UEFI mode but I doubt this will be possible on Toshiba notebooks since the BIOS is different and modified for each notebook series.

3. Re: Satellite Pro C50: Installation of Win 7 using UEFI boot mode
    Master
    Hi

Check also this Toshiba document about OS downgrade http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2C03F80002R01.htm