Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation

1. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    Any updates?

2. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    no news updates? this is incredible ... so long without support these tablets

3. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    This post has 14000 views !!! toshiba respond to our request, it's worth noting sell a product and leave it stand a few months, you will lose customers.

4. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    Have the tegra 4 processor, nvidia gives good support and facilities to update. I find it strange that are half a year without updating this tablet, should be in kitkat and later upgrade to lollipop

5. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    No you can not. You need Android version 4.4 or higher! I am having the same problem. I can't mirror cast from chrome until we get the new version

6. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    I find Toshiba's lack of updates and general lack of response both here and on their facebook page absolutely disgusting.

everyone should start posting wheres our update questions every day until we get a response.

i was fairly certain that manufacturers had an obligation to provide updates to the android os for a certain period but it must be wrong or Toshiba would have given us one by now.

Hell at this stage even unlocking the device so that the xda developer community etc could help us get the latest nvidia tegra 4 lollipop update would be something

7. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    Now marked as discontinued on Toshiba UK site - so no chance of any further support, like others I won't be buying anything with Toshiba's name on it ever again.

8. Excite Pro AT10LE-A-108 - root access required
    Beginner
    Its a simple request, if you are not going to upgrade your products, allow the android community the ability to release the potential of the device.

As a purchaser and owner if the AT10LE-A-108 ( Excite Pro) version I have seen other tegra 4 devices get upgrades and performance boosts while we have been left wanting.

Do the right thing upgrade us or give us root

9. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A-108 - root access required
    I also require an update to my Excite Pro. If Toshiba cannot or will not go on past Android 4.3, can they at least allow the tablet to be rooted. The alternative is a substantial amount of bad publicity which will surely cost Toshiba sales and revenue.

10. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    It is very poor of Toshiba to just blatently not support and continue to support these tablets. (I would understand not into Android 6, but not even getting the full v4 let along v5)
    Once sold and a minor update to 4.3 (after 4.4 was out) it was left to rot. These tablet with their still quite powerful cpu, 2G of RAM and high res large screen cut it well with the current stuff, ability to cast to devices like Samsung TV etc is a nice feature to.
    But being stuck on 4.3 means the benefits of 4.4 and above are just left, a major one for buisiness (and I have the keyboard) is you cannot run Microsoft Office on these as you could if they even stepped up to 4.4. It would be perfect and I and many would be happy.

Also overly locked out ability to write to SD card limits these things, apps just cannot use it.

It's just absolutely poor from Toshiba.

I would recommend anyone to stay away form Toshiba products, go for someone who will support the product for more than a few months and not restrict you in it's usage.

11. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Where's Toshiba suport to answer our Matters???????????

12. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    Hey, yeah... I had never seen a product that has been so bad support by the manufacturer. Sorry Toshiba, in future I will never buy a product from your company again that contains "software". Wait 2 years now.... It's such a lovely powerful tablet, and you waste your reputation by not supporting it. Exactly after release 2 month support for updates....
    Why can you not give an update to be able to unlock the bootloader to root the device, the freelancer programmer will do it by themself.... You can keep sitting and swing eggs...

13. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    Although I loved the product when I purchased it, I'm starting to see issues on startup and increasingly I'm being locked out of new applications that will not run on Android 4.3... this is what happens when a device runs a custom version of an OS: you're completely at the mercy of the manufacturer. I'm not expecting Toshiba to spend all of their earned profit to support this device, but I do expect that they built it with a thought towards future compatibility (and by future, I mean 1-2 years in, at least).

If any of you other Excite Write owners are feeling a little impotent rage because of this situation, don't feel so bad, karma does happen. For example, I manage IT procurement for a large-ish organization (approx. 2,400 machines) and our experiences with Toshiba laptops has been similarly troublesome, with docking station/port duplicators not working properly, premature hardware failures, issues with keyboards and the touch pads... basically, once the extended on-site warranty (4 years) is over, clients are begging us to replace their machines. Add in the fact that we have to carry a diverse inventory of massive docking stations (other competitors logically tend to stick to one style for long periods of time) and it becomes clear that Toshiba - regardless of the beautiful Industrial Design, high fit and finish quality, and expansive feature sets - does not really know how to keep customers happy. This year, our evergreening went to a competitor, and we have no intention of going back. My experience with my tablet was the icing on the cake that made that decision an easy one.

14. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Beginner
    Any news our friends of Toshiba? We're still hoping your answer.

We have a nice tablet with enough hardware to give us some years of use... So please help us with this extended request.

Thanks in advance.

15. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Toshiba support service won't give us n answer.... No more updates to this tablet... Thank you Toshiba.... And good bye. I won't buy another Toshiba's product ever.

16. Re: Excite Pro AT10LE-A -> update situation
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBurton48 View Post
    http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Excite-Tablets/Excite-Pro-Android-system-update-4-3-001120219-01/td-p/508477

+We are pleased to announce a new Android system 4.3.001120219.01 image update for your Excite™ Pro tablet. This release will provide performance enhancements to your device. Toshiba encourages you download and install this update.+

+Release 4.3.001120219.01 Highlights:+
    +Support Android 4.3+
    +Miracast certified for wireless display+
    +Added video stabilization recording feature for rear camera+
    +Improved image stabilization for rear camera+
    +TruCapture app: improved photo capture accuracy and enhancement+

+You can update your system software by any of the following methods:+
    +Tap on the update message sent by the Toshiba Service Station application to your device, or:+
    +From the Home screen, tap on the “Apps” icon in the upper right corner. Locate the “Service Station” icon and application. Tap “Check for Updates” and follow the steps.+

Anybody here received this yet? Looks like it's only a matter of time.
    - is there going to be a refresh to Android 4.3 or 4.4? All things considered, this is an exceptional section tablet, and I would expect the standard dimension of help. Other producer more often than not discharge a couple of updates.

- is miracast as yet coming? It was guaranteed at discharge, yet then it got close-lipped regarding it.

17. Re: Toshiba Excite Pro update situation
    Quote Originally Posted by eilesh View Post
    Hi

Thanks for update, I dont actually have the tablet and only thing stopping me is to see how well Miracast works.

So if there anyone who tried it or can try it on the new version I would appreciate any feedback

Thank Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime
    Eilz
    - is there going to be a refresh to Android 4.3 or 4.4? All things considered, this is an exceptional section tablet, and I would expect the typical dimension of help. Other producer as a rule discharge a couple of updates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12