Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: My Satellite C660-1UJ won't start up

1. My Satellite C660-1UJ won't start up
    Beginner
    Hello people,

My laptop Toshiba Satellite *c660-1uj* won't start up.

It does nothing when I press the powerbutton.
    When I plug in the poweradapter I hear a clicking sound this is with or without the battery and I also see the battery light(led) flashing green.

I think it got something to do with my motherboard but i'm not sure.

I would like to be sure before I buy a new one.
    Does anyone know where the problem comes from and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

2. Re: My Satellite C660-1UJ won't start up
    Master
    > I think it got something to do with my motherboard but i'm not sure.
    Yes, I think this problem could be related to motherboard problems.
    But this would be the worst case since new motherboard is very expensive part… I gues warranty isn't valid?

But why you don’t test the memory modules? Faulty RAM can prevent the notebook from booting and powering ON. RAM module replacement is not very difficult.

Of course you would need to purchase new modules just for the check… but maybe you could visit some notebook/computer technicians’ downtown who could test the unit with new RAM modules.
    In such case you would not need to purchase the parts just for testing purposes.

3. Re: My Satellite C660-1UJ won't start up
    Master
    Flashing power led is very suspecting and I’m afraid the reason can be some problem with power supply electronic placed on the mainboard.

Is warranty still valid? If yes, you should contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help.