Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1

1. Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Beginner
    Hi guys

I own a Satellite L50-A00V Notebook and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 also used toshiba service station to upgarde my drivers, which worked but took like over 4hrs anyways on last update, for toshiba hptkey function, i thought the update and install was finished and i restarted but i was wrong, after restart i found that the driver was marked with a ! in device manager, i tried to update driver that way bt it says i have the best driver.. so i tried to use toshiba s3rvice station to locate and install the driver but it isnt picking it up, i think it thinks its already installed..

I am from australia and for some dumb reason toshiba hasnt provided windows 8.1 drivers yet, anyways im stuck trying to find one.. i see alot on this site have this trouble when i did a search but i couldnt find one for my specific laptop..

If someone has a link that would be great, as for Toshiba Australia what are you guys waiting for, are you waiting for window 9 before you release updated driver.. come on get your act together pls.. I dont think anyone is still on the buggy windows 8..

please release updates for windows 8.1, if toshiba service station can get them well i assume you have them s post them on the website please....

thanks
    s4m :)

2. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Master
    I’m from Europe and I’ve successfully updated my machine to Win8.1. on European download page all Win8.1 drivers, tools and utilities are available.
    I’m really wondering that Australian support page doesn't offer such update.

Until you wait for updates try to visit European download page on http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp and check updates for L50-A.
    I think it must be all the same thing.

3. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Beginner
    thanks Xaver I will try it, hopefully it will work.. Toshiba Australia is behind the 8ball by the looks of it, because you only have the option as high as win 8 64bit, no 8.1.

and the drivers on the page are the same drivers as my original win 8 drivers, the havent been updated yet..

4. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Beginner
    Hi Xaver

I couldnt find my actual model, I could find satellite L50-A that was the closest, also under L50-A my model number is PSKLNA-00V001

all i could find was PSKJ PSKK
    do you think its safe to install one of their drivers?

thanks

[this|http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory =2&selFamily=2&selSeries=178&selProduct=7948&selSh ortMod=null&language=13&selOS=46&selType=422&yearu pload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=a llMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=1& selectedLanguage=13&type=422&page=1&ID=88191&OSID= 46&driverLanguage=42] is the driver i found

5. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Beginner
    the euro driver didnt work, also service station is uodating the correct driver, but it always says the driver is corrupt no matter which driver i install

6. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    >do you think its safe to install one of their drivers?
    Of course it safe… in worst case the driver would not be compatible but this would not be a serious problem.

On the Toshiba EU driver page you will find drivers for Windows 8.1 update and for Windows 8.1 64bit.
    To get the function key working several tools needs to be installed.
    So what you need are:
    +Toshiba Function Key Utility – Win 8.1 update+
    +Toshiba System Driver - Win 8.1 update+

Please take a look into this thread too.
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=73893
    Its not about Sat L50-A but about the Win 8.1 upgrade and about the Fn key issue… installation of additional Flash Cards Support Utility 1.51.8.2C has solved the issue there.

7. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Beginner
    Problem Solved i contacted toshiba australia and apparently there is drivers for my pc on the aus website but ill show u the normal site and then the site with the drivers i was supposed of of located..

this is the normal toshiba site u go to and enter your pc details in to get the drivers, which only offered win8
    http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/l50/psklna-00v001/download?os=30

now this is the site that has the 8.1 drivers its a great site and there is drivers for if u update and there is drivers for if you do a clean install and they also tell you what is needed to be removed first etc..
    http://support.toshiba-tie.co.jp/windows81/drivers/PSKLN_Cl_au.htm#

only prob is if you look at the urls they are completely different, and honestly i would never of found it lol..

anyways problem solved and if anyone has a Satellite L50-A00V and needs drivers for 8.1 then the 2nd link is the one you need, i hope this post saves others the time and headaches i went through to uopdate to 8.1

cheers

8. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Beginner
    ok guys this problem is solved, if you check the last post i made, it will direct you to the correct website which offers all of the Satellite L50-A00V drivers needed for windows 8.1 inc utilities too and the bloated toshiba ware if your into that sort of thing ;)

9. Re: Satellite L50-A00V - Need Toshiba hotkey function for Windows 8.1
    Master
    Great news buddy! Thanks for feedback and sharing the driver link!