Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: My Satellite L500 suddenly shuts off

1. My Satellite L500 suddenly shuts off
    Beginner
    Hi all!

I need help!!! my computer suddenly shuts off and I have no idea why!!!

TOSHIBA L500-22R

2. Re: My Satellite L500 suddenly shuts off
    Master
    On this virtual way it is not easy to say why this happen.
    Please make two tests for us:
    1/ start your notebook and enter BIOS settings. Leave it and tell us if notebook will shut off again
    2/ start your notebook and start Windows in safe mode (F8 at start-up). Does the same happen again?

3. Re: My Satellite L500 suddenly shuts off
    Master
    Beside the tests mentioned by Macius I guess the notebook shuts OFF due to high internal temperature.

Some background info: the notebook supports some kind of overheating protection. In case the temperature increase to a higher level, this protection prevents the hardware from damage.

I donít know how old your notebook is but I guess you never cleaned the cooling ventilators.
    This should be done from time to time because the dust could affect the cooling performance.

Clean the fans and cooling grilles using a compressed air spray. Such air sprays can be ordered online or purchased from common computer dealers.