Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?

1. Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?
    Beginner
    I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50 loaded with windows 8 but want to revert to windows 7.

I have downloaded the necessary drivers and have mounted the .exe files onto a USB pen for installation.

Before I proceed to wipe windows 8 I'd like to know - if I install 7, will my trackpad stop functioning?

If so, how do I install the relevant drivers from the USB pen?

Thanks, John

2. Re: Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?
    99.9% sure that W7 will identify the trackpad and install it. You just run the exe's using file explorer or Start >Run then browse. You may decide to leave the laptop as the W7 install left it but you should check Device Manager to ensure there are no unrecognised devices

3. Re: Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?
    Master
    >Before I proceed to wipe windows 8 I'd like to know - if I install 7, will my trackpad stop functioning?

Of course this would work.
    After Win 7 installation you should be able to install the drivers from USB flash memory stick.