Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P70-A-112 - Windows 8 - Bug with Application Manager & Display

1. Satellite P70-A-112 - Windows 8 - Bug with Application Manager & Display
    Beginner
    Hello,

I bought this Toshiba laptop in August with windows 8 (64 bit) inbuilt.

It all began yesterday, when Windows crashed due to a "BAD_POOL_HEADER" error. Ever since, I cannot access the "start menu" of Windows 8, neither can I run any applications linked to this tablet-like menu. For instance, I can't even open a picture anymore ou neither can I open a PDF file with Acrobat Reader.

My problem is thus twhreefold:
    Firstly, it seems that the Application Manager does not seem to run when I start the computer. And this application manager seems to be necessary to run the start menue.

Secondly, I cant access the parameters of my computer when putting my cursor on the top-right corner, making it impossible to close my computer the normal way.

Thirdly, when I manage to restart my computer, I arrive most of the times to a black background, and just a non-working picture picture of the quick access bar at the bottom of the screen. Nothing works.

Oddly enough, the only way I've found to "solve" this problem is by pluging-in a second screen. However, it is merely a temporary solution: whenever I de-plug the second screen, the nightmare begins again.

Could you please help me identify the exact problem and help me solve it?

Thanks a lot.

2. Re: Satellite P70-A-112 - Windows 8 - Bug with Application Manager & Display
    Beginner
    I'd like to add another bug I just got: a blue-screen of the death, with an "BAD_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error.

According to other forums on the net, it might be a hard-drive problem.

What to do?

3. Re: Satellite P70-A-112 - Windows 8 - Bug with Application Manager & Display
    > According to other forums on the net, it might be a hard-drive problem.

Yes, probably its memory module problem. I think the memory modules should be tested.

> What to do?
    Your notebook is new. Right?
    This means that warranty is valid and hardware problems should be fixed under warranty conditions.
    In my opinion you should as your authorized service provider for assistance.