Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Value added package requires password to unzip

1. Value added package requires password to unzip
    Beginner
    My function keys have stopped working (win 7 64 bit). I have downloaded the value added package vap20091111094513.zip (tried 2 times) and it is asking for a password to unzip. Anyone suggest what is happening please?

2. Re: Value added package requires password to unzip
    Master
    Can you please post the download link? I would like to test it.

3. Re: Value added package requires password to unzip
    Beginner
    Here is the [ link|http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=UK&selCategory =2&selFamily=2&selSeries=248&selProduct=864&selSho rtMod=null&language=13&selOS=all&selType=all&yearu pload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=a llMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=8& selectedLanguage=13&type=all&page=2&ID=71500&OSID= 10&driverLanguage=42]

4. Re: Value added package requires password to unzip
    Tested and no problem at all. Download > WinRAR opened with one file inside - TC70068700A.exe > double click on it and Toshiba Archive extractor with hotkey utility is open.

Just click on start and install wizard starts automatically.
    For me it works perfectly.

5. Re: Value added package requires password to unzip
    Master
    Hi BEELEY

The link leads to Toshiba Hotkey Utility for Win XP
    Itís not compatible with Win 7 its only for Win XP

6. Re: Value added package requires password to unzip
    Beginner
    That is interesting. I looked for drivers for win 7 64 bit, it gives the following:-

11/11/09 Value Added Package Toshiba Windows 7 - 64 Bit 1.2.25 World Wide

Which gives :-

vap-20091111094513.zip
    Date last modified 11/11/09
    Company Toshiba
    Type Value Added Package
    Subtype (none)
    Size (Kb) 69403
    Version 1.2.25
    Language Universal
    Country World Wide
    Description

This package installs a range of important utilities.
    - TOSHIBA Components Common Driver is an essential component of Windows Vista. It is required to make the other TOSHIBA original programs work properly.
    - TOSHIBA Power Saver controls power consumption by switching to optimum power settings, based on whether the machine is plugged in or on battery power, and based on the remaining battery power.
    - TOSHIBA Utilities lets you customize your hardware settings according to the way that you work with your computer and the peripherals you use. To start the utility, click the Windows Start button and click Control Panel and select the TOSHIBA HW Setup icon.
    - TOSHIBA Password Utility lets you set a password that restricts access to the computer.
    - TOSHIBA Flash Cards provides the Hotkey function and the launcher function that starts the Hotkey function and launches the other TOSHIBA utilities.
    - TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool can display the basic information of a computer and diagnose
    Model Satellite Pro T130, Satellite T130, Satellite T110, Satellite Pro T110
    Operating System Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Clicking again gives the file I downloaded, which you say it is for win XP

I had understood that the function keys could not be used with XP to access WiFi or Bluetooth switching. My netbook is dual boot ( XP or 7 64 Bit ) and I have always had to boot to win 7 to switch these services on or off. Am I wrong in this respect.?

I had a problem and had to restore win 7 to a previous version. For some reason, this lost access to the function keys. I had tried uninstalling VAP and reloading it again from my previous copy but this did not work so I decided to download a fresh copy and hit this problem. Any suggestions how to get them working again will be welcomed.

7. Re: Value added package requires password to unzip
    Beginner
    The plot thickens. I have just tried unziooing yesterdays download (which is a different file number to the one that I have just referred to) and it no longer asks for a password. It has installed OK and my function keys are back. Just leaves the question as to whether the other file should do the same for XP?