Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300-13S - Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?

1. Satellite L300-13S - Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?
    Beginner
    Hi,

Well, for the first time in 8 years I had to do a system recovery using the disks i created when i first bought my l300-13s using the Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator.
    I had inadvertantly deleted the HDD Recovery partition when i set out to do a clone using a bigger HDD.

What I want to find out is instead of making recovery disks to DVD can i make a recovery USB flash drive?

Thanks

Peter.

2. Re: Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?
    Master
    When you open Toshiba recovery media creator you can see options which media can be created. Iím not 100% sure but I think on old L300 there was option for recovery DVDs only so I think you cannot create recovery USB.

3. Re: Satellite L300-13S - Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?
    Hi

As far as I can remember the old Satellite L300 did not provide the option to create the recovery USB flash memory stick. As far as I know you can create the Recovery CD or DVD for L300.
    However, if USB flash memory would be supported, this option will be visible within the recovery media creator tool.

But you said you have deleted the HDD recovery partition. Well, in this case you will not be able to use this software. :(

4. Re: Satellite L300-13S - Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?
    Beginner
    Thanks. I thought cos it was only showing DVD media, it wouldn't do USB, SADLY!

Did manage to re-install fresh from Recovery disks so HDD Recovery files and partition now there.

Thanks

5. Re: Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?
    Beginner
    thanks for your time and advice silas. See my reply below also.

thanks, mate!

6. Re: Recovery USB instead of Recovery DVD Disks?
    >Did manage to re-install fresh from Recovery disks so HDD Recovery files and partition now there.
    Thanks for the feedback dude!