Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Question regarding Toshiba's recovery media creator.

1. Question regarding Toshiba's recovery media creator.
    Beginner
    Hi, I have a new Toshiba laptop and I would like to replace Windows 7 Ubuntu (completely - so there will be no WIndows files left on SSD). I used tool Recovery media creator which I found among utilities preinstaled by Toshiba and I created USB recovery.

I wonder, when I wipe out WIndows and install Ubuntu instead, is the USB I created all I need to switch back to Windows?

To put it differently: When I will want to go back and replace Ubuntu by Windows, will booting from the USB and running the recovery be all I have to do to get rid of Ubuntu and have only Windows?

Thanks

2. Re: Question regarding Toshiba's recovery media creator.
    Master
    > I wonder, when I wipe out WIndows and install Ubuntu instead, is the USB I created all I need to switch back to Windows?

Yes, the usage of Recovery medium (no matter if its Recovery disk or Recovery USB memory stick) would set the notebook back to factory settings.

Factory settings means that you would get the same state like at the first day of purchase.

3. Re: Question regarding Toshiba's recovery media creator.
    Beginner
    Thank youfor your answer!

4. Re: Question regarding Toshiba's recovery media creator.
    Master
    You are welcome dude.