Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers

1. Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    Beginner
    I have just replaced my hard drive and have installed Windows 7 Pro 32 bit on my L500 (PSLS6A-00X013),

I downloaded all the drivers from "My Toshiba.com.au" and everything went well until I tried to install the Realtek Lan driver and the VGA driver all the other drivers work fine but it won't accept these two drivers.

The L500 is an Intel i3 4 gig ram any help would be appreciated.

Collin

2. Re: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    Master
    _Regarding the display driver:_
    What driver did you choose?
    On the Toshiba driver page you can find two different drivers (AMD/ATI and Intel) and a comment: +(For Supported Model Only)+
    This means that you should check the GPU and should use the right driver.

Your notebook is equipped with Intel graphic chip. So DONíT install AMD/ATI driver!

_Regarding LAN driver:_
    Whatís the problem exactly? Do you get any error messages?
    Can you please provide more details.

3. Re: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    Beginner
    Hi Randy,

*I have solved the VGA issue,*
    I used the Intel driver but had to install it manually through control panel choose a driver (digital signature issue) i think.

The Lan driver has me stumped, it comes up as PCI simple Communication Controller, I
    have downloaded the Realtek driver from Toshiba and tried to install it using the setup but it doesn't work, the driver won't install, I tried the same as the VGA to add it manually and I get the option to install PCI GBE Family Controller, PCIe FE Family Controller Or PCIe GBE Family Controller

I have tried all and get the same message. "Windows encountered an error while attempting to instal" this device cannot start. Code 10

Thanks for the reply mate.

Col

4. Re: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    I found also an Realtek LAN driver on the Toshiba EU driver page.
    Itís worth trying to install this driver:
    [Realtek Semiconductor Corporation Win 7 32bit LAN Driver v7.009.1105.2009|http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory =2&selFamily=2&selSeries=178&selProduct=857&selSho rtMod=973&language=13&selOS=29&selType=all&yearupl oad=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=all Machines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=all& selectedLanguage=13&type=all&page=2&ID=72268&OSID= 29&driverLanguage=42]

Otherwise choose the LAN driver package from the Realtek driver page:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=7&PFid=10&Level=3& Conn=2

5. Re: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    Iíve downloaded LAN driver and started setup.exe. Installation starts properly. I really don't understand what happen in your case. Have you noticed some problems with LAN in the past?
    When you open device manager and check network adapters, which devices are listed there? Is LAN listed as unknown device?

In the past Iíve installed Win7 very often and LAN driver installation never made some troubles so Iím really wondering why all this happen.

6. Re: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    Beginner
    Hi guys,

I gave up and did a re-install of Win7 pro 64 bit
    I had to manually install the Video drivers but the Lan were included in the Win7 default drivers.

I tried to install the ones from the web site but they disabled it completely
    So I uninstalled them and rebooted and I had Lan again. (If it ain't broke don't fix it) the other simple communications driver I couldn't find was the Intel management system driver,

I downloaded it and installed it and all is good.
    Thanks for your help on this one, the time and effort was much appreciated.

Col

7. Re: Satellite L500 PSLS6A-00X013 - cannot install LAN and VGA drivers
    Great! Thanks for feedback!