Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white

1. Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white
    Beginner
    All applications display normally but the desktop area is white. Shortcut icons display normally even in the white area. I've tried changing display properties and color depth but nothing gets rid of this huge white area. Any ideas?

2. Re: Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white
    Master
    That's very strange issue. And everything else is working normally? I mean BIOS, Windows start-up, different applications?
    When you choose some picture as background I presume you see just a part of it, right?
    Since when have you noticed this?

3. Re: Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white
    Beginner
    Thanks for replying. I opened a picture in Paint, saved it as a bmp, then set it as background, and the same thing happens. I only get the first quarter on the left of the picture. All my applications are working normally; it is just this desktop problem. I'll download some drivers and see if that changes anything.

4. Re: Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white
    Beginner
    I found an edge to this white area,clicked on it and dragged the edge to the right, where the background picture now covers about 95% of the screen. So the problem is largely solved, except that I would like to understand what the white area was and why there is now a white strip down the right hand side of my desktop! I guess it could be related to the screen resolution?

5. Re: Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white
    Beginner
    Subsequently I hovered my pointer over this white edge and a windows top appeared with the close down cross. I clicked on this and the white edge disappeared! So now it is system normal. Thanks for help; it is better than doing what comes naturally which is Panic!

6. Re: Desktop only shows one quarter of the background, three quarters white
    Master
    Glad to hear problem is solved. Thanks for the feedback.