Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)

1. Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)
    Beginner
    I used to download the drivers for my *Tecra A6 (PTA61A-00G005)* from Toshiba Australia website; however, all Toshiba websites around the world NO longer list this particular model.

*Can anyone offer an alternative way to download all the required drivers for my Tecra A6???*
    Appreciate if someone can help!

2. Re: Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)
    Master
    Iím really wondering why Australian download page doesn't have some archive option.
    On European download page http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp under option archive you can find Tecra A6 with part number PTA61E. It is European model but I believe similar or maybe the same as Australian model so you can try to download drivers from there.

Check it out and post some feedback.

3. Re: Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)
    Master
    I agree with Silas: the Tecra A6 with part number PTA61E is exactly the same notebook model like the Tecra A6 PTA61A which was released in Australian.
    Use the drivers for PTA61E model.

By the way: on Toshiba EU driver page you have to choose ďArchiveĒ in Product Type to be able to choose Tecra A6 series

4. Re: Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)
    Beginner
    Thank you both Francesco_1 and Silas for the suggestions, I am now able to download the required drivers.
    It is very odd that the Australian site decided to cut off the supports for the superceded models and offer no archives.

5. Re: Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)
    Beginner
    Thank you both Francesco_1 and Silas for the suggestions, I am now able to download the required drivers.
    It is very odd that the Australian site decided to cut off the supports for the superceded models and offer no archives.

6. Re: Drivers for the superceded models (Tecra A6)
    Master
    >Thank you both Francesco_1 and Silas for the suggestions, I am now able to download the required drivers.
    You are welcome buddy, thanks for feedback!