Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever

1. Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever
    Beginner
    Hello ,

Just now by mistake i push on the airplane button on the keyboard , so the WiFi is turned off , i click again to turn it on ,But i cant turn it on again ! i tried to disable and re enable it . but its not working!

unless of uninstalling the WiFi driver from device manager and re install it again .
    _So the problem is solved for me, but its not a solution to uninstall the driver and install it again ._

Regards ,

2. Re: Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever
    Master
    Thanks for this report. I don’t know which machine do you have but I’ve checked it several times on my Satellite U940 and everything works properly.
    I use F12 for doing this and Airplane mode will be enabled/disabled properly.

Please let us know which notebook model do you have so maybe someone with the same notebook model can post some feedback.

3. Re: Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever
    In my opinion you have an problem with the system which could be solved by system reset or you could try to enable / disable the Air Plane mode doing this:

Press Win key + C -> PC settings -> Wireless -> Air Plane mode (on/off silder)
    Here you have to ensure that also the option called “Wireless devices” is enabled (On/Off slider)

4. Re: Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever
    Beginner
    Yes sure , I am Using P50-A Customized .
    i have noticed also when i turned off the airplane mode and wifi still disabled but the light on my laptop
    says that the wifi is turned on ! it means its not software problem maybe also hardware .

Message was edited by: AaoIi

5. Re: Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever
    Don’t think it could be an hardware problem since you were abele to get it enabled by Wlan driver reinstallation….
    Furthermore before talking about “hardware related issue” you should check if notebook system restore / recovery would fix it.

6. Re: Satellite P50-A: Turning on airplane mode will disable Wi-Fi forever
    Beginner
    Well , you are right , i just want to say my opinion. My expectations was wrong .

_For Mr. Keany_
    i didn't notice you have asked me if i know somebody has the same as my laptop .
    Honestly i don't know anybody .

By the way thanks for your suggestions