Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD

1. New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD
    Beginner
    Hello ,

Does new laptops contains recovery dvd or something like that ! .

Before years ago there was dvd recovery or the information recovery files can be found on a drive then i burn it .
    but now . i wonder how if my windows 8 crashes and need to re-install ! , or rest all the original factory data ! how can i do it !

Regards ,

2. Re: New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD
    Toshiba (and as far as I know some other notebook manufacturers) do not provide any recovery disk in the package.
    Mostly you can create such recovery disk yourself using the preinstalled software called Toshiba Recovery media creator. Should check your preinstalled programs.

So Toshiba Recovery media creator allows you to create the recovery disk ( 3 DVDs) or an Recovery flash memory stick (I guess you will need an 16GB USB stick)

3. Re: New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD
    Beginner
    Thanks for replaying ,
    but i have no toshiba recovery media creator in my laptop . should be something wrong ? !

4. Re: New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD
    Really? Did you check it properly?

*Click on Desktop -> Desktop Assist (in task bar) -> Support & Recovery -> Recovery Media Creator*

By the way: recommend strongly to read the user manual (page 104 recovery section)

5. Re: New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD
    Beginner
    oh , My apologies to you JoeLouis . i have found it now . you know ... I can not catch up with new software technology's so quickly . before one year technology and the next year new technology .
    by the way thank you

6. Re: New Satellite P50-A but no recovery CD/DVD
    You are welcome buddy! :)