Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Non-HD channels freezing. Toshiba 32RL958

1. Non-HD channels freezing. Toshiba 32RL958
    Beginner
    If I switch the TV to standby when tuned to one of the HD channels I find all the non-HD channels are 'frozen' i.e. just large blocks of colour when I switch back on. Unplugging the set from the mains solves the problems but clearly it shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Any ideas of cause or possible cure? Please don't suggest contacting tech support as they have been as much use as a chocolate teapot in the past.

2. Re: Non-HD channels freezing. Toshiba 32RL958
    Enthusiast
    " as much use as a chocolate teapot in the past."

Can I borrow that one and add it to my list, "Pretty Please"??, it would go well with
    "An ashtray on a motorbike",
    "A hip pocket in a singlet",
    "T*ts on a bull",
    and a few others which escape me at the moment

donhe7

3. Re: Non-HD channels freezing. Toshiba 32RL958
    >Any ideas of cause or possible cure?

It could be possible that the signal is too weak or there are some digital transmission interference

4. Re: Non-HD channels freezing. Toshiba 32RL958
    Beginner
    Thanks Randy,

Would what you have suggested only happen when switching off when tuned to HD channels? I never get the problem if I switch off from a standard definition channel.
    As I said, it's not a major problem, I'm simply interested to find out why it happens.