Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C670-12x does not recognize any HDD

1. Satellite C670-12x does not recognize any HDD
    Beginner
    Hi all,

My Satellite notebook (C670-12x) does not recognize any hard drives (bios startup). I tried with several hard drives. I was wondering if a Bios update would help? Is there a Flash Bios update for CD boot?

I allready tried to convert the Bios driver to an image/bootable CD, but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance,
    Gunther

2. Re: Satellite C670-12x does not recognize any HDD
    Master
    I donít think BIOS update will help. Try to set BIOS to default settings and check it again. If the same happen again it can be that HDD controller is defective.

3. Re: Satellite C670-12x does not recognize any HDD
    Master
    I assume that notebook has recognized the HDD in the past using the same BIOS version.
    Therefore I would say: its no matter what BIOS version you are using, the HDD should be recognized.
    If its not the case, the HDD controller might be faulty.

But did you really use the compatible HDD? The notebook supports an common SATA 2.5Ē HDD. The speed is not really important, both 5200rpm /7200rpm are compatible.
    After you inserted the HDD, you should check the first BIOS page. All HDD details like HDD name and size should appear there.