Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall

1. Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
    Beginner
    Today I downgraded my notebook Toshiba Satellite C855-S5349N. It was Windows 8 now its 7 I had to erase all the disk and the backup disk too, coz I couldnít install Win7.

After installed Win7 I wanted to connect into my Wi-Fi connection it wasnít there any Wi-Fi connection itís like disabled but when I wanted to enable it none adapter was there.

So I went to manager tools and it was hidden but everything was good installed, but no external devices they were like Ethernet controller network controller and 2 more were there with the yellow triangle, but I didnít installed any drivers after installed windows 7 coz I didnít had any driver disk,

What should I do?

Need help :/

2. Re: Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
    As I understood the issue: you are not able to use WLan not LAN connection. Is this correct?
    Probably you did not install correct LAN or WLan driver.

The Satellite C855-S5349N isnít known to meÖ it looks like it was released in USA.
    http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C850/C855-S5349N/

I recommend checking the Toshiba US Support page for right drivers.
    http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

but Iím not quite sure what WLan card/chip this unit supportsÖ you will need to check the available Wlan drivers (Intel, Realtek or Atheros )

Feedback would be appreciated

3. Re: Satellite C855-S5349N: network adapter doesn't work after Win7 intsall
    Master
    Some kind of driver disc doesnít exist. When you install own OS version you must install every single driver, tool and utility manually one by one.
    As Randy already wrote your machine is US model so all available drivers you should search on Toshiba US support page. Check it here .