Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro C660-1nq - cant access HDD recovery

1. Satellite Pro C660-1nq - cant access HDD recovery
    Beginner
    Hi there,

Sorry to bother you but I need some help if possible.
    I am trying to restore my laptop to factory settings and I am pressing f8.
    However I get all the system recovery options but no Toshiba hdd recovery option.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Re: Satellite Pro C660-1nq - cant access HDD recovery
    Master
    >What am I doing wrong?

After pressing F8 button, choose Repair my Computer and in the new menu you could choose HDD recovery as described here:
    [How to recover a Toshiba notebook with the HDD recovery procedure|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm]

3. Re: Satellite Pro C660-1nq - cant access HDD recovery
    Beginner
    thanks for the reply, but as I stated that option of "HDD Recovery" is not in the options list. all the options are there but Toshiba HDD recovery isn't and I cant get access to it

the HDD still has the partition with info on it

4. Re: Satellite Pro C660-1nq - cant access HDD recovery
    Obviously something wrong happened to the system’s boot menu because the HDD recovery isn’t available.
    I don’t see any other option for you as to use the Toshiba Recovery disk. Hopefully you have created this in the past. Did you?

If not, you have an option to order one for a small fee:
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

5. Re: Satellite Pro C660-1nq - cant access HDD recovery
    As far as I know this option will be listed if notebook has “factory settings”. In your posting is nothing described that can help to understand the problem a bit better.

With “factory settings” (original preinstalled OS) this option must be there. If you have installed OS on your own using original Microsoft installation disc for instance, this option will not be available anymore.

Problem is that you cannot start recovery installation anymore and, as Joe already wrote, only way to have original preinstalled recovery image is usage of Toshiba recovery DVD.