Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A10 - Win7 upgrade from Vista Business edition

1. Tecra A10 - Win7 upgrade from Vista Business edition
    Beginner
    Dear Forum

I am enquiring please about a Tecra A10 which, upon purchase, had Windows Vista Business Installed.
    At a later date the owner upgraded to Window 7 (free of charge I think but I am not sure).

The Windows 7 installation became corrupted, and in need of fresh install, but a backup wasnt made.

Please does anyone know if the owner has a means of re-downloading the Windows 7 without further cost, bearing in mind the existing Windows 7 installation is a legal one .

Yours with thanks in advance
    Ian

2. Re: Tecra A10 - Win7 upgrade from Vista Business edition
    I donít know what earlier owner has done but if somehow possible install clean Win7 version and not Vista to Win7 upgrade. I have done this on several Vista machines and now all machines work perfectly with clean Win7 32bit version.

3. Re: Tecra A10 - Win7 upgrade from Vista Business edition
    Beginner
    Dear Ilay

Thanks for your kind help. I appreciate your advice. Whereas I dont doubt what you are saying is true, I wonder if the installation of Windows 7 in that way would likely be legal or not. Not to say I am doubting your integrity .

However if one doesnt have a Win 7 Disk, I am wondering what one could do as mentioned in the query.

Specifically I am enquiring about the upgrade. If the upgrade originally was a download, then if the Win 7 installation needs re-doing can one re-download at a later date. I am assuming whether one paid for it or got it free (as was the case at one point a Vista to Win 7 upgrade was free) Presumably one received a link to a download and can one still access that link. if so where is it. Is it in an email one got or is there some other method that was used to put it in place. Perhaps a link to a web page. Can one re-access that link , re-download it and thus have a fresh installation.

Best wishes and thanks
    Ian